Information and resources including manuals, schedules, and forms to help section officers fulfill their responsibilities as a section leader.
Materials and Resources for Sections Leaders
Payment / Reimbursement / Check Request Form
Requests for reimbursement checks, award checks, or invoice payments may be submitted by any section member, but the transaction must be approved by both the section chair and secretary/treasurer before funds are dispensed. Follow these steps to ensure that the process is efficient:
- Complete the Payment / Reimbursement / Check Request Form: PDF Version or Word Version
- In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org include the following:
- CC the section chair and secretary/treasurer (The email address requesting or approving the transaction must come from the email address that is on record on a person’s ASA membership profile.)
- The completed Payment / Reimbursement / Check Request Form
- A copy of the receipt, invoice, or contract (Award checks do not require a receipt or invoice. Awards $600 and over require the recipient to complete and submit an IRS W-9 form to email@example.com.)
- The chair and secretary/treasurer need to “reply all” to the email with their approval
- Once all parties have approved the transaction, checks will be processed and mailed in the next check run, typically the 5th and 20th of each month.